10th International Short Film Festival 2020
Rules And Regulations
(Celebration in Mumbai)
As you are aware, the 9th International Short Film Festival – 2019 was a big success with the help and support of all the creative peoples and art lovers like you.
Encouraged from the success, The International Film Festival Society in association with Dreamkreator Digital Studio announces to organize the 10th International Short Film Festival 2020 in Mumbai.
Budding Filmmakers require opportunities and a platform to showcase their creative talent. This Film Festival will provide them with a platform to showcase their hidden talents.
Rules & Regulations for Submission:
- The short Film must have been completed after 1st January 2015.
- An applicant can send the Film in DVD or Pen Drive (Video Format .MP4 or .MOV) OR to the google drive link to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with an entry form.
- Entries must be in PAL format only. NTSC is NOT accepted. The video must be in .MP4 or.MOV format. The Festival Management will not be responsible if the Film is not screened due to a problem with the format or with DVD or with Pen Drive.
- The Film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non – fiction or Animation. The original Film may be produced on 35 mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U – MATIC, DV, DVD, but the Film must be available on DVD or in PEN DRIVE or Google drive link for presentation or preview purpose.
- The short Film can be in any language or genre. All non- English Films must have English subtitles for festival presentation.
- Censor Certificate is not mandatory for the Film screening.
- Two DVD’s OR one PEN- DRIVE need to be submitted along with the entry. Each Preview DVD should be labelled with the title, Running – time, Contact Email and Mobile number. If an applicant is sending the Film in a PEN DRIVE separate paper needs to send with Entry Form mentioning the Title, Running – time, Contact Email and Mobile number of the applicant and Producer/ Director of the Film.
- Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD (OR PEN DRIVE), synopsis/description, should be enclosed. Each Film is considered as a new entry.
- GIFFINDIA organization has the right to use the entries/send/selected/nominated Films, DVD and materials from the Film for Festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each Film as part of our festival library.
- Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until the festival is over.
- The publicity material (Brochures, Stills, Posters [12 x 18 Inches] etc, and a synopsis of the short Film to be enclosed with the entry. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant. The Festival will not be responsible or borne to pay if the Courier stuck with the department.
- Transportation and Insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
- The Festival will not pay any customs duty or registration to the Customs department at the Indian aviation authority. If the parcel is returned to the applicant because of that the festival organization will not be held liable for any such circumstances.
- The Entry form/ Application will be considered only on receipt of administrative Film submission entry fee of Rs.500/ – (five hundred rupees) – (Films produced in India)
- US$ 20 (Ten American Dollars) – (Films produced outside India)
- Fees to be directly deposited or by Demand Draft Favoring of Dream Kreator Digital Studio in the Bank account whose details are given below.
Bank Details Account Name: DreamKreator Digital Studio Bank Name: Bank of India Branch Name: Adajan Branch, Surat.Gujarat-395001 A/C. Number: 275120110000288 IFCS Code: BKID0002751 Swift Code: BKIDIN BBSRT
The participants are supposed to send the proof of the payment of entry fees deposited into the above Bank account by sending its Xerox (Photo copy) to the Institute through e-mail or courier.
Date of submission
DEADLINE REGULAR LATE For Student / Ameture / Professional Rs. 1000/- ($ 14) Rs. 1500/- ($ 21)
Note: – The Entry fees is non-refundable.
- The Film should be submitted before the deadline. The GIFFINDIA is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, postage-due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
- It’s my pleasure to inform that the short Film festival-2020 will be organized at Kapadia Club & Hotel, Surat on 24th October 2020. The winners show will be celebrated at Mumbai on October 2020.
- Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous / incomplete particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any Film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- DVDs or PEN DRIVE submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs or PEN DRIVE without any physical/quality defects.
- The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student Filmmakers but has a separate award for student Films.
- Mailing Address for the festival office:
- Winners will be selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, Filmmakers, and other Film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
- All Films will be judged equally based on:
- Content Originality (Quality of Storyline, and Script)
- Production (Camerawork, lighting, and shot composition)
- Post- Production (Editing, Transitions, Pacing, Continuity, and Flow)
- Image (Focus, Colour, and Lighting)
- Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
- No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of Origin, Language, Age, Race, Education, Gender, Ideology, or by their Economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no Censorship of any kind.
- The decision of selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into Finalists will be notified by mail and/ or email. The GIFFINDIA will use its best efforts to announce the selected Films, winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
- By entering the GIFFINDIA, contestants and /or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Festival and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
- The selection of Films for GIFFINDIA will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any Film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any Caste, Community, Religion, and the sector is likely to promote Racism or ill will in the society.
- The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen in Surat & Mumbai cities of India on noncommercial basis. For promotional /publicity purposes, excerpts from any Film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
- Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established
herein. The GIFFINDIA reserves the right to extend the Festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- Short Films that are submitted must be the entrant’s original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/ or images presented in your short Film. By entering the Festival, the entrant agrees that the GIFFINDIA will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short Film.
- The GIFFINDIA reserves the right to not screen any Film(s) for any reason it deems valid.
- The Entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any offense or infringement. Racial, religious and Regional discrimination shall not be portrayed in any part of the Film being submitted.
- Affidavits of winners under 18 years of age at the time of award must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian. Affidavits are subject to verification by the GIFFINDIA. All the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of High Courts only.
- GIFFINDIA organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in the respective festival as a contestant
- Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their Films submitted.
- Any Filmmaker, Institution or Organization is strictly not allowed to use the name ‘GIFFINDIA’ and Festival logo and Official selection laurel for any Commercial, Cultural or Personal use without the permission of the organizing committee. If any person or organization will find to do so strict legal action will be taken against the person and/ or concern institution, all the legal issues, shall be under the jurisdiction of High Courts only.
Special Jury Award:
As we are aware Plastic has become a big health hazard and it is threatening our environment too. Recently the government of India has recognized the threat posed by this plastic menace.
To bring awareness regarding this issue we have decided to announce a SPECIAL JURY AWARD for a short Film based on the theme as to how the growing menace of plastic has grown to a big threat to human health and health of even other animals.
Rs 50,000/- cash
for the best Film in the category.
Criteria for participation:
* Short Film duration:
1 to 30 minutes
*DSLR Camera/Mobile phone with both Android/IOS platforms can be used to make the Film. It should be of HD quality (1920 /1080)
* Anybody can participate either professional or non-professional also an institution like a college or a school student can also participate in it.
Awards & Trophies :
- Best Short Film
- Best International Short Film
- Best Gujarat Short Film
- Best Student Short Film.
- Best Marathi Short Film.
- Best Documentary Short Film
- Best Animation Short Film
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editing
- Best Sound Designer
- Best Original Score
- Best Writer