9th Gujarat International Film Festival-2019
(Independent Film-Makers Regional films)
Gujarati,Marthi,Punjabi,Rajasthani,Bhojpuri,Malyalam,Kannada,Tamil,Bengali,Telugu . etc In any language of Indian regional films
Rules And Regulations
The Gujarat International Film Festival Society, a non-commercial film festival organizer jointly organizes the event with Dream Kreator Digital Studio. This film festival is meant for Independent film-makers (applicants) who have made the film by his/her own fund or by fund raising from people. Only such applicants should send their Entry. The GIFF will also try to sort-out problems and seek solutions of independent film-maker’s efforts to release the film in Indian cinema Halls.
The film carrying the best productions value will be supported by guidance from the film distributer to release the same in the theatres.
The following is an explanation of Rules and Regulations governing the submission of a film for consideration at the 9th Gujarat International Film Festival -2019 (GIFF)
GIFF requires minimum 12 entries in each regional language films category. If Festival committee doesn’t receive a minimum of 12 films from any regional language sector, film made in that regional language won’t be considered for the competition. However looking to their quality an Audience choice Award will be given from among them.
Applicant will need to send the DVD/BLU RAY of the films for the selection committee, and if the film is declared as the winner, the applicant will have to send the DCP FORMAT of his film.
By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the person submitting the Film (hereafter called the “Applicant”) acknowledges that he or she has obtained consent from all owners, creators, writers, Producers and other authorized representatives of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to GIFF, and has read and understood the submission rules and regulations set forth below. In case any of the requirements mentioned in this part of the regulations are not completed by the applicant, the entry is liable to be rejected summarily.
- The duration of the feature film should be minimum 70 minutes.
- Film must have been produced between 1st January, 2017 and 31th December 2018.
- Film must have Censorship visa / certificate of the country where the film has been produced.
- Film screened in earlier editions of ” GIFF is not eligible.”
- Dubbed/ remade versions are not eligible for entry
- To preview the film in the festival an amount of Rs.10,000/- per film will be charged. so those who want to Re-screen his/her film, will have to pay this charge. Maximum of three entries would be allowed from an applicant.
- All entries must be either in English or with English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without English subtitles are not eligible.
- Promotional, educational, Student and documentary films are not eligible for submission.
HOW TO ENTER YOUR FILM
- Applicant must submit the entry form and preview screeners for pre-selection. Only final version DVD (all region) with English subtitles and watermark is accepted.
- Entry form can be submitted online through our website www.giffindia.org and a hard copy can be sent with the Preview screener.
- The last date for receipt of applications along with preview DVD is 31st may 2019; if it is a holiday, the next working day will be treated as the last date for receipt of entry. Applications received after the last date would be rejected.
- The cost of sending preview screeners will be paid by the applicant. GIFF reserves the right to refuse any shipments entailing additional costs.
- GIFF accepts no responsibility for damage suffered during delivery of the screener to the Festival.
- Applicant must send the package with the following customs declaration: ” No commercial value, for cultural purposes only.”
- Entries marked with captions such as “Preview copy” channel logo etc. can be sent for preview to selection Panel but the screening copy must be clean and clear of above caption/logos.
- Preview Copies of films not selected will not be returned to the applicant.
SELECTION OF FILM:
- The films will be selected by a duly constituted selection committee. The selection committee shall comprise of at least 3 members (including the Festival Director).
- Any person directly or indirectly associated with any of the entries shall not be eligible to serve on any of the selection panel.
- The Director of GIFF/ his /her nominee may be present at the time of deliberations of the panels regarding the entries. They shall not participate in any of the deliberation.
- The decision of the selection panel shall be final and no appeal or correspondence regarding their decision shall be entertained.
- If a film has not been selected, it is GIFFs policy not to provide any feedback, comments or reasons for films that are not selected for the programme.
- Only Indian regional language films, produced in India will be eligible for the competition.
GUIDELINES FOR FILMS SELECTED:
- Once selected, the screening copy of the films must be submitted in DCP format with English subtitles.
- If the final print (DCP) does not reach GIFF office by 31th MAY 2019 the film will not be screened. This dead-line is imperative.
- A stand-by Blue ray copy of each film with subtitles must be provided to GIFF along with the final print.
- The title(s) of the film(s) sent, shipping details including the dates of dispatch and the air consignment number must be emailed to the programming team on: email@example.com
- Film not presenting sufficient technical qualities for good public screening can be refused after checking of the print by the Print Checking Unit of GIFF.
- After the Festival, the screening copy will be returned to the senders by air freight or official courier agency at the cost of GIFF
- It may also please be noted that the “GIFF” cannot reimburse any freight or other charges on foreign currency, unless previously agreed in writing. GIFF will not bear freight or any other charges for unsolicited films, videos / DVD sent to it, if these are not selected for screening in the Festival.
- The special arrangements made by the “GIFF” for clearance through Indian Customs in Mumbai are applicable only in the case of consignment directly air-freighted on request and addressed to this Festival Office. In the case of the publicity material, etc. sent pre-paid by Courier Services or through agents in India. The concerned courier service/agent should be instructed to deliver the material directly to the GIFF office in Surat. GIFF shall not be responsible for any material that is diverted to some other city or festival in India, also the freight for the same will be paid by the concerned party or festival.
- Complete documentation for each selected film is to be made available to the Film Department when required.
- If the films is selected in GIFF. You will be informed by GIFF
- If the film is selected in festival, GIFF will invite any one of the representatives of the film the Director
- If your film is not selected for the competition, your DVD will not be sent back to you at our cost.
- The winner of the film festival will be given to and fro train-fare for 2 persons on producing the tickets. Accommodation will have to be managed by the participants.
- Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme during the event. If withdrawn the Film Director and Production Company will be barred for next 5 years.
- Programming is at the sole discretion of the heads of each festival section and their decision is final and irrevocable.
- Applicants of all selected films are required to use the logo of GIFF in their film’s publicity and promotional materials. The logo must not under any circumstances be modified or altered without prior written permission from the Festival.
- The Insurance of prints in transit from the country of origin to the Film Festival Office and from the Festival Office to the country of origin will be the responsibility of the Applicant, the Festival Office will insure the prints against damage, partial and total, by fire, theft or any other unnatural causes from the moment it takes delivery of the print to the moment it hands them back to the concerned airline/ agency for dispatch. The insurance value will be the print cost as specified in the Entry Form, supported by documents from the concerned laboratory. Damage to the print, if any, should be certified by an independent agency at the cost of sender.
JURY & AWARDS FOR REGIONAL FILMS:
- The Jury for the REGIONAL FILMS will be composed of minimum five members [including the Festival Director].
- Decisions of the jury will be reached by an absolute majority of votes. The jury can evolve its own methods for assessment of the entries.
- The members of juries must not have participated in the making or the commercial exploitation of any film in the competition they are judging.
- The Festival Director, the Artistic Director, the Programme Director and/or their representative may attend jury deliberations but will take no part in the voting.
- The decisions of the official juries are final.
- Jury members are sworn to secrecy. They will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgment until after the jury’s decisions have been formally published.
- As per the rules of the festival the jury will select one BEST FEATURE FILM from each language category and give away the Award carrying RS.50,000/- (Fifty thousand rupees)
THE FOLLOWING AWARDS & PRIZES WILL BE GIVEN AWAY (Language wise)
- Best Feature Film Award & Cash Prize Rs.50,000 (Fifty Thousand Rupees)
- Best Director
- Best Story
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Music
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
Audience Choice Awards
- Best Feature Film
- Best Feature Film (Fiction)
Note: Each participant will be given a certificate of participation
- All payment and entry fees for submission must be paid through the online process. The GIFF does not accept any mailed payment.
- Film submission entry fees Rs.5000/- ( Five thousand rupees) There are absolutely no refunds.
- Fees to be directly deposited or by Demand Draft Favoring of ‘Dream Kreator Digital Studio‘ in the Bank account whose details are given below.
Bank Details Account Name: DreamKreator Digital Studio Bank Name: Bank of India Branch Name: Adajan Branch, Surat.Gujarat-395001 A/C. Number: 275120110000288 IFCS Code: BKID0002751 Swift Code: BKIDIN BBSRT
- Applicant will be allowed to use video clips and printed material for promotional use in Medias and at live Festival events and festival social media sites (website/Facebook/ twitter).
- Applicant must agree that if their film wins any award at GIFF, all screenings and publicity thereafter, will acknowledge the Award(s) on the film itself.
- The award winning film of GIFF will be the Closing film of the festival. In that case the applicant has to allow an extra screening.
- Films will initially be screened at GIFF provided that no claim of any kind would be against the GIFF for their inability to screen a film due to technical or any other unforeseen reasons.
- The Film festival of the GIFF has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations. The venue of arbitration shall be at Surat, India.
- Participation in the GIFF implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of pre-selection conditions.