Under the guidance of Academy of Cultural Activities and Arts Institute in association with DreamWorks Digital Studio, first time in India planning is done to project "National Short Film Maker Talent Hunt 2014" of Surat.
This new experiment is carried on with a view to get the dreams of new talented short filmmakers come true on the silver screen.
- 1. Participant will have to submit a short film (720p) of 10 minutes made up within 72 hours to the planning committee.
- 2. The participant should have previous experience of making one short film which act is unavoidable. The DVD of the short film made should be sent with the application made.
- 3. The participant will send film script on new subject in Hindi language – screenplay of which should be typed and computerized with Xerox copy by E-mail or by courier at our office address.
- 4. Participant leader will have to send a list of their casting performers, and crew with residence proof, mobile nos., E-mail ID and their agreement entered upon with them.
- 5. Participant team will be provided, by the production house equipment for shooting such as MDH1 Panasonic Camera, Lights, Editing set-up etc., Participant should do film shooting in fixed lens and they would not be allowed to use crane trolley, they can use only tripod. Any equipment taken in use, if they would be damaged, by the team leader of their members would have to pay the cost of the articles damaged.
- 6. If the participant team wishes to use their own equipment they can do so for film shooting and editing, but that would be subject to rules framed by the organizing committee.
- 7. Tasks – Each team has to perform following tasks in given period of 72 hours:
Under 24 hours
Under 48 hours:
Location and Design
- 8. Participant will submit within 24 hours film shooting and within 48 hours post production to the organizing committee (in all that is 72 hours for the completion of the whole task)
- 9. Participant team will do shooting in Surat only; the organizing committee will give guidance for location.
- 10. Participant should shoot the film in a room (indoor) and in a college campus (outdoor)
- 11. Participant who is entrusted with film project should note that the count of the starting would begin from there on.
- 12. Teams are encouraged to work with a local composer and musicians to write and record music for the films. It is permissible for a participating group to use pre-recorded music; however the team must have the rights to any music used in its film.
- 13. Participant will have to bear all expenses of his team including lodging, boarding and other facilities for his team.
- 14. Our production house will upload the short film on our website WWW.GIFFINDIA.ORG
- National Short Film Maker Talent Hunt 2014 will be accepted only from 15th Jan 2014 to 30th June 2014
- 15. The organizing committee will send invitations to only 20 teams every month for making short films.
- 16. Only 4 winners will be announced by the judges appointed by the National Short Film Talent Hunt in the presence of well known film directors, writers, etc.
- 17. Winner of the Film Makers Talent Hunt Title will be awarded cash prize of Rs 25, 000/-
- 18. The entry fee to the National Short Film Makers Talent Hunt will be Rs 11, 000/- They will send Rs 11, 000/- demand draft to the DreamWorks Digital Studio (which entry fee will not be refundable or transferable anyhow) Send demand draft to:
DreamWorks Digital Studio
C/O Academy of Cultural Activities and Art Institute
S/4 Suryoday Complex beside D'Mart Mall (Regent Square)
Karan Park Road,
Adajan, Surat - 395009
Bank Name: Bank of India
Bank Branch: Adajan Surat – 395009 Gujarat
For international participants, IFSC Code is given below:
IFSC Code: BKID000
Beneficiary: DreamWorks Digital Studio
A/c No: 275120110000203
- 19. Our organizing committee will accept 120 entries from the whole country from 15th November 2013 to 31st December 2013.
- 20. Receipt of the entry fee sent by the participant will be acknowledged through E-Mail or when the participant will visit Surat will collect the same without fail.
- 21. Any team taking part in Talent Hunt when it arrives in Surat with its casting team will get its agreement registered and the time for the competition begins after 10 minutes thereafter,
- 22. Screening of all the short films taking part in the Talent Hunt will be screened at the Kapadia Club (Preview Theatre). All the participants will be invited at the screening.
- 23. For being eligible for the project:
films must be original work of the team and must not infringe third-party's rights. Must be suitable for publication and not contain obscene or indecent material. Must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity Must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity Must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations, and may not contain any copyrighted elements not owned by the team. Films containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the ACAAI, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
- 24. All the contestants will accept the decisions of the judges of National Short Film Makers Talent Hunt up to the last moment. If any contestants misbehaves or breaks the rules he will be suspended from the contest.
- 25. Team should not upload the film on any website or distribute their film in any way before the announcement of results.
- 26. ACAAI and project parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify films deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-complaint.
- 27. ACAAI may add to or amend these rules at any time prior to the beginning of the 72 hours period, without informing the participants.
- 28. I have read all the rules of the above National Short Film Makers Talent Hunt and they would be binding on me till the end.